2018 RACE RULES
The EROCK Sunrise-Sunset wants you, the racer, to be unencumbered by an overabundance of rules. It is our hope that you find these simple to adhere to. Please bring a copy of these rules to the event for your team. A copy of the rules will also be posted at the race venue.
- The start to the race will be a “modified” LeMans
- One team member needs to be at the start line 10 mins before the scheduled start of 7:00 a.m.
- Numbers may not be cut, folded, altered or defaced in any way
- Racers must display their race number on the front of their bike at all times
- Lapped racers must yield. Please be vocal as it’s the responsibility of the challenging racer to overtake safely. Racers being lapped must yield as soon as safely possible.
- Short-cutting the course is not allowed. This will result in immediate disqualification.
- Course support will not be provided by the event
- Water and food may be supplied to any racer, at the transition area, as long as the racer and support is off the course and does not interfere with the race. Interference with other racers will result in disqualification.
- One person must be designated as the Captain of the team to ensure the team is registered correctly (information is all accurate), and to deal with event officials in the event of a problem or concern.
- Racers may choose to ride in any order and may change the order at any time
- Racers may continue on for more than 1 lap but must check-in after each lap
- Each team member must complete at least one lap or the team will be disqualified
- Coed teams must have at least 1 member of the opposite sex
- Teams are required to provide their own means of hydration throughout the event
Awards & Results
- Must have race number – no chip, no time
- Order of finish is determined by the number of completed laps within the time limit, then by time
- Results will be overall places and lap times (but will not include specific rider times – please keep track of the laps that you ride in order to determine your lap time)
- Results will be available on the web at www.ERockrace.com on or after June 3.
- Once results are posted, teams will have 15 minutes to challenge results at which time they will become official. We recommend monitoring progress and compare it with the “official scorers” as the event is progressing to avoid any problems at the conclusion.
- All posted, printed official results are FINAL. No protests will be accepted, nor will results be adjusted after the event.
- The event director has final say in any ruling, including rulings made by staff/volunteers
- Athletes must be in attendance at the awards ceremony to receive their medals and prizes. Awards will not be mailed.
- Minimum Age Requirement: All participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver. Additionally, all participants under the age of 18 must have a parent, legal guardian, or designated person present on site for the duration of the event. Participants must be a minimum of 15 years of age.
- For safety reasons, the event reserves the right to cancel or change a portion of the course if inclement weather or dangerous conditions exist. If cancelled, final results will be based on completed laps at the time the event was called.
- In the case of catastrophic failure due to weather or other extenuating circumstances that prevents the ongoing scoring of the event or creates a racing environment that is deemed too dangerous for the participants, the race may be called as of a certain time. Final results will be calculated in one of two ways as determined by the Race Director. (A) The race will be considered over at the point it was called and the results will be taken from the last completed lap. (B) The riders will be allowed to finish their current lap after the point the race is called and those results will be taken as final. In the case that the race is stopped and restarted, the combined results of both parts of the race will be used.
- Additional rules or changes may be added as questions arise, so please continue to check this site for updates. Captains will receive a set of rules at check-in.